Eyjafjallajokull is on my mind a lot these days.
Interesting facts like:
- this could be spewing for a year
- spewing = grounded flights
- grounded flights = problem getting to Barcelona to depart for cruise
- problem = no cruise
- insurance = force majeure
One of my 'liked minds', Clever Pup is blogging her concerns about the citizens of Iceland.
In the meantime I'll try to find something to love about volcanoes and their unpredictable eruptions:
- Majestic to watch
- Cooling effect on the climate (given the perils of global warming this is not a small thing)
- Ash will probably make this a remarkable vintage for wine... and will have a positive effect on the terroir in coming years
- How can we not be in awe about something with the power to bring civilization to its knees.... I'm thinking about Pompeii but also thinking about Eyjafjallajokull throwing most of the planet back to days before inter-continental flight
- Amazing sunsets... when Mount Saint Helen erupted the sunsets on the Great Lakes were outstanding for at least two summers