Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Happy (Champagne) Birthday!!


This year I turned 61. Sixty one??? Born in 1961, this makes it my champagne birthday. 

My champagne year!! I'll take my cue from Veuve Clicquot, the champagne brand that is celebrating their 250th birthday all year. I'm still a teenager by that calendar.

My 61st year was a great one! Retired!!! Travelled to Greece. Became a Master Gardener in training. Kept up my yoga practice, book clubs, gardening, sailing.  Thinking about the next five years, I want more of the same!




For my birthday this year, Rob gifted me with a gorgeous backgammon board. We've been playing together for 45+ years now. Rob swears I have some kind of control over the dice and that I win 90% of the time - both of which are untrue! This board has a counter so we can keep a running track. It's a tactile pleasure to play - the stones glide across the walnut, the board is inlaid with mother-of-pearl. Great craftsmanship.

We spent the afternoon at Ripley's Aquarium admiring the view, and then came home to celebrate with Alex & Penny; Dave and Therese; Amita and Twincy at our place with Chinese takeout and birthday cake. Fun!

No comments: