Friday, August 26, 2022

Overjoyed

Dancing at my son's wedding reception brought so many memories together.  His birth and birthdays, my wedding, family & friends' weddings. So much joy I felt I might float away...

Alex and Penny got married in our backyard last summer. Covid restrictions severely limited the number of guests, so this year they held a reception to celebrate the anniversary. They made all the arrangements. These two have style! 

The venue was a small craft brewery with an outdoor patio. Food was served on small plates, and there was an open bar and DJ. Brief speeches. Alex and Penny melted my heart when they took to the dance floor - a little bit of Bollywood and a romantic slow dance. Followed by lots more dancing and fun.

Despite lingering Covid concerns, there were also lots of hugs!

Family and friends gathered. 

All my siblings and most of the nieces and nephews were able to take part in the festivities. This was the first time since Christmas 2019 we'd all been together.

Rob's sisters Sheila and Lois, and his brother Gord.

Friends also travelled to share the special occasion with us. Art & Chris came from Sudbury and Joe & Jan came from Ottawa. We had danced at their kids' weddings and were happy they could join the party.

Seeing everyone drawn together for this special celebration was incredibly uplifting. We had a wedding to celebrate! 


My toast

It is wonderful to see all the smiling faces and people coming together to celebrate Alex and Parshvi's wedding anniversary.

This is their first anniversary as husband and wife, but Alex and Parshvi have been together 13 years.

I remember 12 years ago, out in the back garden, Alex told me, after he had taken Parshvi to her high school prom, that he was head over heels and knew he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her and make her his wife.

I was so happy he could feel such a deep and strong love!

I told him I was very happy for him. But I also said he was still very young - only 19 - and to keep an open mind and open heart because he was so young.

Then he said, "yeah, but you were SEVENTEEN when you met dad."

Well, he had me there.

And here we are, 13 years later, celebrating Alex and Parshvi’s anniversary.

I would like to make a toast to many, many more happy years together for these two beautiful souls.

To Alex and Parshvi!

 

No comments: