Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Giddy-up


Well!

I just put in my applications for bridging to retirement. 

Incredible!

Even though the likelihood of these being approved is slim to none, I feel a real sense of lightness and being unburdened.

Wow!

Not needing to work for a paycheck anymore and being able to plan my days around what I truly enjoy. I have no shortage of interests and pursuits to fill my days. 

Exciting!

I hope that the bridging goes through, but even if it doesn't I have to think about the actual date that will be my last official day at work.

Freedom in 2021! 

"Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else." –Fred Rogers

"For many, retirement is a time for personal growth, which becomes the path to greater freedom." –Robert Delamontague

"Retirement is the only time in your life when time no longer equals money." –Unknown

"Retire from your job, but never retire your mind." –Unknown

"Retirement is wonderful. It's doing nothing without worrying about getting caught at it." –Gene Perret

"I enjoy waking up and not having to go to work. So I do it three or four times a day." –Gene Perret

"Retirement: It's nice to get out of the rat race, but you have to learn to get along with less cheese." –Gene Perret

"When men reach their sixties and retire, they go to pieces. Women go right on cooking." –Gail Sheehy

"There are some who start their retirement long before they stop working." –Robert Half

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." –Bill Waterson

"Retirement isn’t the end of the road, but just a turn in the road." –Unknown


No comments: