Sunday, July 7, 2013

Yoga in the City - 2013

Taking mornings off next week to immerse myself in Yoga in the City.

This will be my third time, having gone in 2010 and 2012. I'm looking forward to it, but at the same time I'm pretty sure it will be a humbling experience. Even after all these years I sometimes wonder at my lack of 'progress' with many of the poses.

Last week, I tried to bring revolved triangle into a few of my morning practises, realizing that I hadn't really done enough of it in the past year, all things considered. Then at my yoga class, Andy worked it into the evening's sequence. I couldn't help but observe that I absolutely suck at this pose. I had this same insight last year, and here it is, a year later, with only a modest improvement.

Earlier in the week I had a dream that doing bhramari (bee) breath would somehow directly help bees. Of course I rationally know it is not really feasible, but it was a very comforting dream, and I indulged myself and skipped my regular routine to just hum like a bee. A few days later I heard of the Florida beekeeper who lost 32 million of his bees, and it made me incredibly sad.

So, drown in a half-empty glass, or float in one that is half-full?  Float in a half-empty glass or drown in one half-full?

And what does that have to do with yoga, anyway?

Exactly.


No comments: