Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Sittin alone at home in my backyard...

Got home late from work, and gave Rob a call to see when he would be home. Of course, I fully expected that on such a fine day he would be out on the water and I wasn't wrong. I could hear the brisk wind blowing and I admit, I was a bit jealous when I heard Yondering was getting a speed of 6 knots.

Until I realized that would give me some time in the garden to just sit and relax.

In the front garden, the Nelly Moses is happily showing off on the front porch, enjoying its season. The first roses are blooming and in the pink. The peonies are  shedding their last.

The back garden is green, green, green. The Beauty Bush has dropped all it's petals and there is nothing but the potted annuals in flower, but the clematis are about to burst. Henry is recovering from his calamity last year, and it looks like he may have some company with Josephine and a jackmani.

Despite the heat, most everything is looking surprisingly lush, although Daphne seems a bit thirsty. I think I may cool myself off and water the garden at the same time.





No comments: