Wednesday, January 2, 2013

"This is the year I will..."


January 1st has come and gone and I still don't have my New Year's Resolution.

I like goals and 'to do' lists because they give me a sense of accomplishment.

I could pick any of these Top Ten Resolutions.

What to pick, what to pick? This is the year I will...... lose 10 pounds, get out of debt, write a novel, learn some Spanish, keep a weed-free garden, stop thinking negative thoughts, set realistic goals, get clutter-free, become spiritually enlightened, find a new job, look ten years younger, change my relationship with money...

I am so tempted to draw up a task list but maybe this year I will skip it and take a more holistic approach. Use tools like the Wheel of Life or Tips for Building Resilience to take a broader view.

Or maybe I will just focus on keep on keeping on with the healthy habits I've already established, like yoga, meditation, book clubs... previous resolutions I made and kept.

I've started viewing these 12 Ted Talks to Inspire New Year's Resolutions for some fresh ideas...

No comments: