|Bacchus by Caravaggio|
Six hours to do Bacchus proud.
A rogue cricket had gotten loose in the house and was chirping loudly.
Between courses we went out on the deck to enjoy the unseasonably warm evening and take in the night air.
Bursts of flavour. The portions were small enough to leave us wanting just a bit more, so at the end of the six courses we weren't over-stuffed.
At one point Caroline and Rob brought my grandfather's self-portrait oil painting up from the basement and we hung it in the living room where he now looks wonderfully at home.
Much merriment! And now plans for New Year's Eve....
- antipasto - platter of tasty salamis, cheeses, olives & artichokes
- primo - silken handmade ravioli stuffed with 2 different delectable fillings... mushroom and two cheeses
- secondo - sweet and sour caponata and Tuscan chicken
- salad - young greens + Pecorino brillo (light and fruity) served with pomegranates, and aged balsalmic
- cheese - tallegio + pecorino with truffle + brillo
- dolce - rainbow sorbet with limoncello and blackberries - full of colour
- finish with espresso + biscotti + shots of limoncello
wines paired were barolo and chianti classico,
Montegiachi Chianti Classico