Saturday, March 19, 2011

Super Moon - March

Rob, Alex and I hopped in the car to go to the Waterworks for the moonrise. There were about 20 other cars there as well - including a police cruiser.

What a great feeling to see other people drawn to the same place to take in the sight on a Saturday night.  I felt a kinship with these fellow moon-gazers.

What a show! The pink orb poked its nose out of the water's horizon and climbed rapidly in the sky.

This was a 'Supermoon' and it is closer to the planet than it has been in 18 years.

Alex took these shots.  Hasn't he got a great eye?


2 comments:

Giulia said...

Yes, he does have a good eye. Those are wonderful, Diane. I couldn't go out but I opened the curtains & lay on bed w/Julie at 1am & looked at the moon. I thought Julie might howl but she was offended. Only dog ancestors do that. :)

xo

Susan

Diane said...

when I win the lottery I will have a special moon-viewing room. Your bedroom sounds conveniently located!