Wednesday, September 9, 2009

09-09-09

I like when numbers seem to click into place, days like today - the 9th day of the 9th month of the year '09. Maybe at 9 p.m. I should toast the moment with some cognac.

But then, why wait?

Yesterday I bit the inside of my mouth when I was eating prime rib with horse radish and boy did it sting. Tonight I bit the exact same spot. A bit of cognac might help with the swelling. So for medicinal reasons I think I will pour a wee glass of Courvoisier. This cognac is one of my indulgences but I save it for special occasions, like when the moon is full or calendar dates form interesting numeric sequences. This particular bottle has been in my cabinet for almost three years, so I think it needs some attention.

Not sure why I enjoy cognac when I can't stand Scotch. Maybe it is because cognac is made from distilled wine, one of my favourite beverages.

Courvoisier dates centuries back to Napoleonic times. The website boasts: We are the only house to receive the Prestige de la France - France's highest award for excellence as we are the only cognac house to fully control the entire process from the grape to the bottle.
.......I think I'll toast to that! And then pour myself a second, to help fortify me as I transfer funds to pay my son's university tuition...

No comments: