Saturday, December 13, 2008

Post Secret


The above postcard is an excerpt from Post Secret, a book that features extraordinary confessions from ordinary lives. Actually, there are four in the series now.
"You are invited to anonymously contribute a secret to a group project. Your secret can be a regret, fear, betrayal, desire, confession or childhood humiliation. Reveal anything - as long as it is true and you have never shared it with anyone before. Be brief. Be legible. Be creative."
The postcards are mini works of art, the 'secrets' range from mundane to heart-wrenching:

"I save all the staples I pull out at work. they're in a box in my desk."
to
"I was seven years old the first time I attempted suicide."

In addition to being a book, there is also a website: http://www.postsecret.blogspot.com/ Just a click away, check it out.

No comments: