These were the labels the sommelier chose for the tasting:
- Wilm Riesling Reserve LCBO 11452 $15.95
- Louis Jadot Beaujolais Villages LCBO 365924 $17.95
- E. Guigal Cotes du Rhone LCBO 259721 $18.00
- Chateau de Gourgazaud LCBO 22384 $13.00 ** really like this one but maybe that was the tasting order (lol) Granache in this one
- Francois Pelissie Croix du Mayne LCBO 28548 $17.45 *** favourite (see comments above) This was 85% malbec, 15% merlot; grown in Southwest France or Southeast of Bordeaux. Very full bodied.
She also said you can't really get a good Bordeaux for under $20, so she didn't pour any, but said Chateau des Laurets was a good buy at $20.45
However, the next day I went to a Bordeaux tasting and found a few for a good price, actually Mouton Cadet ($14) surprised me, I think it would be a good every day choice, although in the past I have avoided that label.