Friday, June 21, 2024

Solstice Strawberry Moon: June 2024


Solstice Strawberry Moon was June 21, 9:08 pm & around this time I was eating strawberries with my  book club and we were watching and discussing 'Women Talking' (book by Miriam Towes/ film directed by Sarah Polley).

I had not yet discovered Mary Oliver's book of poetry, Twelve Moons, that I've just ordered, as my library has only one reference copy and I want this on the shelf for future moons.

The last stanza of Mary Oliver's poem, Strawberry Moon, is a perfect fit for the discussion on 'Women Talking.'

6. 

Now the women are gathering

in smoke-filled rooms,

rough as politicians,

scrappy as club fighters.

And should anyone be surprised

if sometimes, when the white moon rises,

women want to lash out

with a cutting edge?

No comments: