Friday, November 19, 2021

Full Blood Moon Eclipse



The moon was full November 19th (3:59 am), and between 2am and 4am I could have gotten a good look at the Blood Moon eclipse in progress. Not sure if it was too cloudy, because I stayed in my bed while debating if I would get up to see the phenomena first hand or enjoy photographic evidence. I chose the latter. Google image search for Blood Moon eclipse reveals the stunning images taken by lunar photographers.

The Native Americans called the November full moon the beaver moon because the rodents are active in preparation for winter at this time of year, according to NASA. Once eclipsed, the beaver moon morphed into a “blood moon” because of its reddish or rusty tone.

I had attended a yoga class Linda D was giving for charity, and she did a mini moon salutation. It's been awhile since I attempted one but really enjoyed it. There are a variety of different Chandra Namaskar sequences posted online. Maybe I will find one I can make a more frequent night time practice. 



No comments: