Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Ocean Coral

Splurged! 


I had purchased a smaller ceramic piece from the same artist a few weeks before and was loving the colours of blue and copper. The bowl is lovely, but a bit small and the mantle was calling for something larger. Then on my Instagram feed, my old friend John had a gallery spotlight on some new pieces. Before I talked myself out of it, I'd sent off a text inquiring.

When I picked it up I realized how fragile it was and worried I might drop it before I even got it home. "It's not a question of if it might break, but when," I thought somewhat philosophically.

It started off in the yoga room where I could see it every morning, but it seemed precariously close to my headstands. Why tempt fate? 

Then I tried it in the home office, the neck of the blue vessel looking like it was capturing sky. I can see it there every day too, but it blocks access to the paper files below.

So for now, it has found a home where I first imagined, reflecting itself in the glass for double the pleasure.

No comments: