Sunday, November 29, 2020

Home Office


Every 'before' photo was at one time an after photo. The latest after photo is on the right, above.

The old fridge here has become a combination standing desk and filing cabinet. I like the honey-toned wood and history of the old wooden box, even if it is a bit squat.

Crown moulding! A finishing touch I've wanted for more than a decade. Does it make a difference? Yes, I think so.

The room was painted probably 4 or 5 years ago, and I did love its rich deep colour. When we were updating this time around I almost chose a colour called 'Starry Night,' a deep plum that would play on Van Gogh's almond blossoms, in name at least.

I decided on sunlit yellow hues, warm and welcoming. Although I read somewhere that painting walls a bright yellow can make people irritable, these are more golden. So far I am very much enjoying the ambience.



Finally unboxed the books, and heavily edited. One hundred or so paperbacks are going to the Prison for Women. I wonder if they will accept My Sister the Serial Killer? It's there, alongside Thoreau and Virginia Wolf. I also have a box of hardbacks to distribute in neighbourhood little library boxes (the prisons won't accept hardcovers as they are too often turned into weapons).

Just two of my grandfather's paintings, rather than a wall. The intention is to rotate rather than overwhelm.


Loving the new home office. Easy commute and very comfortable. I have placed a foot massager under my desk and a neck massager on the book shelf. Creature comforts!


No comments: