Sunday, November 25, 2018

Scotch tasting

What a perfect way to relax in front of a warm wood stove.

Sampling a Glenmorangie taster set with Epitourist friends.

This single malt has never made it to my liquor cabinet, but the bright orange packaging caught my eye.

The Original and Lasanta were my favourites, and the Lasanta I think will be a wonderful finish to a Christmas holiday meal.
Glenmorangie Collection Taster Set is a selection of the 10 year old, with 50ml bottles of the Nectar D'Or, Quinta Ruban, and Lasanta. Excellent introduction to the top selling single malt in Scotland
Tasting Notes:
The Original 10 years (43%)ABV
Sweet citrus and floral notes with creamy vanilla and rich malt and orange peel.
The Lasanta (46%)ABV
Sherry and dried fruits with a hint of floral notes and a touch of honey.
The Quinta Ruban (46%)ABV
White chocolate with a floral infusion follwed by citrus notes and rich malt.. 
The Nectar D’or (46%)ABV
Mandarin orange and vanilla with hints of cinnamon, all spice and nutmeg. 

1 comment:

Kaarina said...

The Glenmorangie Original was my introduction to single malt Scotch many decades ago while touring Devon with Scotch-savvy friends from York. It was still my favourite in this tasting, although I agree the sherry casked version would be an unbeatable finish to fine holiday meal.