Monday, July 23, 2018

More light


So much more light this year without the tree. So much more light I was wearing sunglasses at the dinner table and we were sweltering on the deck - so we brought in a sun umbrella for some added shade.

More sunlight in my micro-climate means more watering and weeding is required, along with new possibilities for growth.

Right now it is raining and I'm sitting inside with the sliding doors open, enjoying the green of the garden and listening to the rustle of leaves and raindrops.

White floribunda roses in a pot on the deck add a light fragrance, and so do the spicy geraniums.

I think I will try to overwinter the roses and replant in a pot again next summer, I like their understated elegance and constant flowering.

The bergamot is one of my favourite additions this year. I've planted it at the edge of the retaining wall where it is attracting hummingbirds and adding a dash of colour to the summer landscape. It also makes a heady mix with lavender and rose petals when tossed into a milk bath for a rejuvenating soak in the tub.


bergamot




Blue bauble


No comments: