Saturday, February 24, 2018

Living with my hopes for spring

The snow is melting after a week of cold rain, inches receding in days. Stubborn patches remaining where piles were shovelled. Is this a fast forward or a rewind? What does a sunny day look like? Feel like?

I'm not sure whether we have seen the last snowfall this season, but these past few days I've been looking for signs of crocus emerging from the frozen earth. Grass is greening in the brown. For my fix of a full spring palette I visited Allan Gardens last week.

Feb 24
Feb 11

Also saw a beautiful film called Flicker and Pulse, which used time lapse and real time photography to portray the life of an English garden over the course of the year, poignantly beginning and ending on the same shot - a bare branch with snow crystals.



Living with my hopes for spring. Canada Blooms will be here soon enough.

No comments: