Sunday, November 26, 2017

Mindfulness

Black and blue and grey yarn twist in a frayed bracelet on my wrist.

It has been two weeks since the last night of the mindfulness studies course, when we each wrapped the yarn three times and claimed three words to carry forward, then tossed the ball to the next someone. The end result a spiderweb of connectedness in a room of eighteen souls.

Equanimity. Compassion. Kindness. 

Were the words I chose to speak aloud.

The course was eight weeks long, spread over ten weeks. My motivation for signing up was to deepen my own daily practise and learn new tools for resiliency. It wasn't exactly what I expected, but I would definitely take it again. Listening to similar struggles others endure to stay in the moment helped me feel more compassion for others, and for my own monkey mind.


Searching for images of connected threads I came across this beautiful short video: We are all connected

1 comment:

Healing World said...

It is nice to see an article dedicated to this important topic. Thank you for sharingMindfulness Meditation in India