Saturday, November 4, 2017

Full Beaver Moon - November 2017


I looked up at the moon in the sky last night and by some optical trick it looked oblong. I wondered how it could be so full again, so soon... aren't there 28 days between each moon?

I've been busy as a beaver this last month. Courses, work, personal milestones, it has truly been a whirl.

The Mindfulness Studies and Drawing courses have been great diversions, but I've missed more than a few Uke Jams and two Heliconian lectures. I'm looking forward to returning to my regular schedule in a few weeks.

On the work front, it will truly be an eventful month. Although I am not an event planner by trade, by the end of November I will have earned the credentials! Five events for almost 800 people. This past week I executed the first two. One a milestone celebration for 100+ staff, the other a mental health awareness event for almost 400 managers. I've been planning and organizing both for months. Three more events from now to the end of November, thankfully with major preparations done.

Last weekend I did a yoga workshop on Saturday and a silent retreat on Sunday. Much needed! There have been a lot of long days and sleep interrupted by waking up in the middle of the night to add new tasks to the 'to do' list.

Evenings have also been full!

Monday was the Drawing course.

Tuesday night Rob and I popped over to Alex and Penny's house for Halloween - just the day after they got their keys.  The wallpaper was already stripped and lying on the floor, holes in the walls being poly-filled. So much work ahead of them, and so much potential!

Wednesday night we saw Yasmin Levy and the Klezmatics at Koerner hall. The Middle Eastern sounds made me feel as though I'd travelled elsewhere for the evening.

Thursday night I had the sense to keep free as I ended up working until 8 pm to get everything ready for the big work event the next day.

Friday night we went to see a movie at the Fox and within 3 minutes I had fallen into a deep sleep, waking up just before the end credits rolled.

The moon was full today at 1:23 a.m. and I was sleeping deeply, right through the night and late into the morning. Woke up, cleaned the house, planted some bulbs in the garden, and then had a well-deserved massage. Now upstairs for a long bubble bath!

Tonight the clocks push back and we get an extra hour... I will be using it to catch up on my sleep!



1 comment:

Kurt said...

That was relaxing for me just reading about what you did. I used to do 3-day silent retreats at Harbin Hot Springs, as they had a quiet pool where no talking was allowed, so I never had to speak the entire time I was there, except to say "one cappuccino" in the morning.