Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Revolving and evolving

YCT has posters up now showcasing Iyengar in his younger years from Light on Yoga, and when they went up, my gaze went first to Parivrtta Trikonasana (Revolved Triangle Pose).

I must have attempted this at least one hundred times over the years, but tonight Neron gave emphasis to approaching it in a different way, and I was actually able to maintain the pose without toppling to the side. Not perfection, by any means, but I was actually able to raise my arm, something that has eluded me in the past.

The difference for me tonight was in finding centre, by keeping my head more in line with my trunk. I was so surprised I wasn't toppling over that I almost toppled over. I will try again a few times this week, hopefully this wasn't an isolated occurrence! Shoulder stand also felt better tonight - maybe from the triumph of the parivrtta trikonasana.







No comments: