We were eating and drinking for more than 5 hours, but the portions were small enough to keep people from feeling over-stuffed. The meal was a "thank you" to repay past hosts, but it was also a way to inject some colour and warmth into what is proving to be a very long winter!
nglish style short ribs and some Scottish cheddars.
- Bottega Vino dei Poeti Prosecco served with almonds, salami, olives, roasted artichokes for the Apperitivo/Antipasto
- Fattoria La Ripa Chianti Classico Riserva 2009 (Tuscany) served with fresh pasta for the Primo.
- Fontanafredda Barolo 2009 (Piedmont) served with the short ribs, seared lemons, and white bean salad.
- Castello di Querceto Chianti Classico 2011 (Tuscany) served with insalata of spinach, blood orange & pine nuts with a simple olive oil/red wine dressing
- Castelgreve Vin Santo del Chianti Classico served with formaggie e frutta (figs drizzled with honey, strawberries with balsalmic + inverloch cheddar, pecoro pepato)
- Rialto Grappa (Veneto) with Dolce (chocolate raspberry truffles, amaretto cookies)
- Caffe & biscotti
- Lemoncella for Digestivo