Saturday, February 15, 2014

Framed

My framing challenge: having more paintings than wall space, and boards that are painted front and back. My grandfather is the artist, so the paintings have special meaning. While some have been on display, others have been stashed in the closet, waiting to see the light of day. It seems a waste to hide them away. My grandfather would be the first to admit they might not all be 'frame-worthy' - but I can't stand the thought of banishing a single painting.

I'm not sure why it took me so long, but I've finally gotten around to a solution.  Choosing the three most common sizes and having frames made to order so I can switch up the boards inside and keep updating the arrangement.

Although I appreciate an uncluttered  environment I definitely feel comfy in ordered chaos: rows of books, layered texture, multiple patterns. So... a wall of paintings in the den.

Choosing the frames was fun. In the end I decided on having a touch of gold in each, instead of having all the frames match exactly.

In two weeks, they should be ready and I can start fussing about the hanging and placement.







No comments: