I admit, I'm curious, even though many have dismissed the reported phenomena as a hoax. The debate continues. I'll have a chance to make up my mind for myself when we visit the area on our tour of the Southwest.
|Give me windows!!!!|
Brenda and Bill (Rob's sister and her husband) recently went and had some very practical tips:
- To enjoy Sunset at Sedona Airport, go about one hour ahead of time because parking spaces go fast (the airport has a fantastic view and is adjacent to one of 7 major vortexes).
- There is a great drumming circle at a brewery; most people bring
their own drums but they offered a tambourine to Brenda (that she
- Pack hiking poles because they cost a fortune to buy near the Southwest trails ($30 at Canadian Tire vs. $100).
- 10 Best Hikes Around Sedona is available to buy everywhere and is a good guide about relative difficulty: Boynton Canyon is fairly flat with a steep incline only at the end; Devils Bridge is also good.
- Bring a backpack with you wherever you go.
- Stock lots of water... you get thirty fast.
- Pack sunscreen, lip balm and saline nose solution to protect against the elements.
- Bring a camera!