Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Reflecting - Full November Moon

Sunday I was wondering about yin and yang and a google image search offered up the sun, the moon, and the stars.  How powerful and magical is that?  The sun and the moon are always there, it is just we usually only see one at a time.  They shift shapes, eclipse one another, bring light into darkness and darkness into light.

The moon is officially full November 28 at 9:46 a.m.
November moon is also known as:  Beaver Moon, Frosty Moon, Snow Moon.



Yin Yang Sun Moon

Yin Yang Sun Moon

Yin Yang



 Sleepyhead

As I lay awake in the white moon light,
I heard a faint singing in the wood,
'Out of bed,
Sleepyhead,
Put your white foot now,
Here are we,
Neath the tree
Singing round the root now!'

 I looked out of window, in the white moon light,
The trees were like snow in the wood--
'Come away,
Child, and play
Light with the gnomies;
In a mound,
Green and round,
That's where their home is.
Honey sweet,
Curds to eat,
Cream and frumenty,
Shells and beads,
Poppy seeds,
You shall have plenty.'

 But soon as I stooped in the dim moon light
To put on my stocking and my shoes,
The sweet sweet singing died sadly away,
And the light of the morning peeped through:
Then instead of the gnomies there came a red robin
To sing of the buttercups and dew.

- Walter de la Mare 


No comments: