Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Falling Leaves Full Moon - October

My calendar calls this "Falling Leaves Full Moon".  Well, why not?  Leaves are, indeed, falling.  Yesterday my eye caught the sight of a hundred golden leaves being blown off a tree in a gust of wind, dancing in sunlight.  How lucky!

Farmer's Almanac calls this The Hunter's Moon

I read these beautiful lines of poetry on my way into work one day via the subway train.   Poetry on the (Better) Way is a great diversion.  Transporting from the daily drudge. 

Escondido Nights
by Jim Christy

The moon is the shape
Of this hidden cove
fishing boats are constellations
We floated through a heaven
that glittered phosphorescent
like plankton in tinfoil
And paused between a pair:
Aurorita and Viridiana, to thrash about like comets just
Let out of school.
And continued on a light year
later Moondust in my mouth
And all over your body




No comments: