Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Full Flower Moon - May

Photo credit
What gardener wouldn't love the name  Full Flower Moon?

I agree with Vita Sackville-West, "Flowers really do intoxicate me."

Some other beautiful quotes about flowers:
  • Earth laughs in flowers ~Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"
  • I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers.  ~Claude Monet
  • The flowers of late winter and early spring occupy places in our hearts well out of proportion to their size.  ~Gertrude S. Wister
  • Bread feeds the body, indeed, but flowers feed also the soul.  ~The Koran
  • The violets in the mountains have broken the rocks.  ~Tennessee Williams
  • I will be the gladdest thing
    Under the sun!
    I will touch a hundred flowers
    And not pick one.
    ~Edna St. Vincent Millay, "Afternoon on a Hill"

And for your listening pleasure, a beautiful melody, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, from the album Beyond the Missouri Sky:

No comments: