Friday, February 18, 2011

Taja Reserva

my tasting note on this one is :  yum!  That is about all I can muster tonight, it has been one long week.

So I am entertaining myself with some other descriptions on Google:

I'm a little peeved at this entry from the Canadian Wine Guy, though.  He loses me as soon as I realize we start right off with some fundamental differences:
I am not the biggest fan of Spanish reds as I find that despite the low price (for the most part) I am often left with a rough chewy experience.
......though he does redeem himself a bit later in the review:
This wine is a blend that often gets good reviews and is called one of the better “bang for the buck” out of Spain.
Anyway, I meant to write about how much I am enjoying drinking from this particular glass, shaped so prettily. I found two in the back of my cupboard (well, Rob did, actually).

For me the vessel really makes such a difference to the whole experience.  I like the stemless, thin Riedels, and oversized  reds, and champagne flutes.  And on occasion, a nice petite mason jar.  I admit to being a bit of a snob in this regard.  I can't stand plastic or acrylic glasses, even on the boat.  When I win the lottery, I will have a generous set of stemware, and set a table for 8 courses, each with a different shaped glass.  Lofty aspirations, I know. :-)


No comments: