Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mediterranean Moon - May

This was the view from my window last night.  Rob, Alex and I were hypnotized by the moonlight dazzling the Mediterranean sea.

I couldn't believe my good fortune as the moonbeams worked their alchemy,  turning the water to white gold and diamonds.  I watched transfixed for at least an hour. 

Earlier in the day I heard the song Moon River.  This is a song my mom used to sing me to sleep when I was a kid, and the song we danced together at my wedding party.  Amazing synchronicity.

Now I am at home again, amazed by how long and simultaneously short a twelve day vacation can be...

I'm looking forward to sorting through my photos and posting some memories.

For now, I am enjoying the lyrics and reliving some great moments.

Moon River, wider than a mile.
I'm crossing you in style
Some day
Oh dream maker
You heart breaker
Wherever you're going, I'm going your way
Two drifters.  Off to see the world.  There's such a lot of world to see......


1 comment:

Giulia said...

I'm so glad you had a great time...looking forward to your pix. First time I was in Athens, looking up from my cheapo pensione w/a teeny Juliet balcony, in the center of their garment district (hilarious after dark, let me tell you) & there was the Acropolis lit up & a full moon. Completely gorgeous view. (I knew the moon would be full but had not planned the room view - at all.)

ciao!

PS: I can't play the song right now because it makes me shniff & shnurrfle embarrassingly. And I'm going outside soon...& left my sunglasses at a friend's house. So...but I'll hum it on the Metro (to self)in honor of what sounds to have been a glorious time.


xo