Monday, November 30, 2009

Smile


Exactly one year ago I started this blog, with the intention of recording 'things I love,' the intent being to bring focus and attention to what is positive in my life. I know I am blessed with a lot to be thankful for, but it doesn't hurt to remind myself on a regular basis. After all, the things we spend our time thinking about shape our brains and our lives. And also, just as importantly, "like attracts like" (pun intended).

So I am thankful that I 'stuck' with this practice for a year, recording the day-to-day events that make me smile.

Blessed with so many happy mundane moments with Alex and Rob: great conversations with Alex, or just sitting and floating on the boat with Rob. Warming up hot chocolate and sharing it with them for dessert. So many other moments unrecorded: sitting on the backyard bench taking in my garden; sunny days, rainy days, cold days and cozy blankets; waking up in the middle of the night because a bright moonbeam shone down through the skylight; great music and interviews on the radio; days where I made the bus and subway connections; drinking water with cucumber or lemon zest and clinking ice cubes.

Sometimes it seems, all is right with the world.

3 comments:

Annika said...

I've enjoyed your blog so much that you inspired me to write my own. I was just telling someone the other day how your blog reflects who you are and what's important in your life. You surely come across as a down-to-earth person, with strong family values, and someone who takes the time to enjoy life.

Unknown said...

You have opened my eyes to so many possiblities with your blog and for that I thank you. I am thrilled to call you my friend!

jackie said...

Your words remind me to slow down. Look around, live for the 'right now', and to let tomorrow unfold as it is intended.