1/3 cup flat oats
2/3 cup water
Nuts/dried berries/fruit of choice
Cardamom, ground nutmeg, cinnamon
Freshly grated ginger
Yogurt (live culture)
Honey (Dark honey has more nutrients than lighter varieties)
Microwave water and oats for 1 minute; stir; microwave again for 20-40 seconds. Add toppings.
Why this breakfast is so good for you:
- Oatmeal is a truly amazing health food (If you are prone to gout, oatmeal shouldn’t be something you eat everyday because of the high purine content, but don’t forgo it altogether). Here are Top Ten Reasons to Eat Oatmeal Everyday
- Nuts are nutritious
- Spices not only add a burst of flavour and wake up your palate, they play a role in keeping you healthy
- Ginger adds a spicy tang and has been used in Eastern medicines for thousands of years
- Yogurt is high in calcium and good for your gut
- Honey has antioxidants and its sweetness triggers chemicals that poke happy buttons in your brain.... no wonder it has been eulogized in poetry and the scriptures of every major religion.