Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Merry month of May


What an amazing month! I couldn't stop grinning. The longer days brightened my mood and it seemed every hour brought new delight.  I am basking in gratitude and almost overwhelmed by this truly remarkable and exceptional month. Joy.

A night of dinner and dancing at the Commodore's Ball, and our first shake-down sail. 

The trip to Chicago.

Hosting two book clubs (thankfully the same book, Run Toward the Danger).

The Toronto Public Library / Toronto Master Gardener demos that I coordinate were in full swing, and I helped demonstrate at three of them - finally feeling confident by the third.

Attending the theatre: True Crime and The Chinese Lady at the Crow's Nest.

Seeing the Ukulele Orchestra, which was booked pre-Covid and finally performed at Koerner after being rescheduled three times.

Alex treating me to breakfast on Mother's Day.

My niece Sarah and her beau treated Rob and I to the opera to see Macbeth at the Four Seasons.

Birding outdoors.

Meeting Nicola in person after playing Euchre together virtually through Covid - gardening and unwinding in the spa-pool.

Playing pickleball for the first time and then setting aside a regular date for Wednesday nights with Joyce, Cheryl and Tara.

The Epitourists & their spouses got together at Wolfe Island for a weekend get-away at Laura's to bake bagels and enjoy a feast prepared in her wood oven. I made s'mores at the campfire and napped in the glamping tent.

Uke Jam! 

Sunday Family Dinners!

Continuing making progress with BPYC By-laws and presenting as Vice Commodore at the Spring General Meeting.

.... and my May garden was full of spring blooms. We missed the peonies last year when we were away in Greece, so I enjoyed every petal this season, pulling up a lawn chair to gaze agog.

I love waking up in the morning to my practice of yoga and now Qigong. 

It would be fair to say I am thriving in retirement as I am spending time consciously and able to better design my days. 



No comments: