Sunday, September 15, 2019

Yoga Camp! Queen Elizabeth September 2019


Yoga Camp number four, and I want more! Beausoliel is such a beautiful spot, and the Queen Elizabeth Y extremely well run by its staff.

This time Denise drove Anita, Liz and me up on Friday night and we met Chris there. In keeping with it being Friday the 13th AND a full moon, we came prepared with scary stories. I fell asleep Friday night to the sound of Anita reading from the Witching Hour (although I couldn’t really hear a word).

Qi Gong on the rocks, followed by meditation, every morning. So deeply nourishing and what an amazing start to the day! Especially as on the way Saturday morning, I was able to gaze at the full moon setting behind the trees.

Saturday was a day-long Ramble, with naturalists who promised we could stop wherever and how often along the route we wanted… I took them at their word but still found myself behind the ‘sweep,’ the person assigned to keeping an eye on the last hiker in line. The boat dropped us off at Cedar Spring National Park and we wandered through the forest and over rocks, checking out the ‘other’ Y camp Kitchikewana along the way. Mushrooms were out in all their incredible diversity and I saw some fantastic specimens.

Saturday night, a sunset cruise in the war canoe followed by a campfire under the full moon.

And of course, yoga classes every day.

Rejuvenating.

-----------------------------

A selection of some of the mushrooms I saw on the ramble:


















No comments: