Thursday, May 2, 2024

April showers bring May flowers

Despite being very sick upon my return from Japan, I've been spending quite a lot of time in the back garden.

Dig, dig, cough, cough. A combination of allergies and a respiratory bug. Same time this year, last year, I also had a cough so bad it was hurting my ribs. Better luck next year.

I've also been to the Master Gardeners of Ontario conference, visited the Guelph Arboretum, the Humber Arboretum, and Toronto Botanical Gardens. Lots of local inspiration.

I was happy to learn that the coreopsis in my back garden is native, and so is the potentilla planted a couple of years ago by the front steps.

Meanwhile, the yellow wood poppy planted in the fall of 2022 is thriving. The red trilliums are back. The bloodroot put on a fine show, but as usual didn't last. I was a bit alarmed by how well the zig zag goldenrod is doing, so moved that to the front under the spruce. 


I will save photos of the tulips, daffodils, and allium for another post.

No comments: