Thursday, December 9, 2021

Master Gardener in Training


I was accepted into the Toronto Master Gardener program, so now am a Master Gardener in training!

I am thrilled to play a part in inspiring home gardeners all across our wonderful city. 

Tending even a small patch of green can do wonders for the environment, for neighbourhoods, and for the gardeners themselves.

As an avid home gardener since 1990, I’ve developed a keen appreciation for native plants, while cultivating a haven for birds and pollinators in my front and back garden.

Being a longstanding member of the Toronto Botanical Gardens, I’m a frequent visitor and enjoy attending presentations, listening to speakers, and learning about horticulture.

I’ve been writing and blogging about my garden (and other topics) since 2008, including some of the gardens I’ve visited on my travels.

When I retire I will have the time and energy to devote to the cause.

I'll also need to upgrade my knowledge of horticulture. I chose the University of Guelph courses and have already signed up for the first of three required online courses: Soils and Plant Growth.


No comments: