Monday, November 30, 2020

Snow Moon - November Full Moon 2020

"This month's full moon occurs on Monday, Nov. 30 at 4:30 a.m. EDT (9:30 UTC), but the moon will appear full the night before and after its peak to the casual stargazer." Well, I guess that casual stargazer includes me. Here is the moon on the 28th, peeking through bare branches into my living room from across the street at just 5 pm.

I picked up this Moon Magick book in 2000 and came across it this month as I was purging my bookshelves. It was nestled behind another row of paperbacks, along with its myth and magic, crafts and recipes, rituals and spells. I liked it for the long list of goddesses it names. November alone: Einheriar (Norse), Isis (Egyptian), Nicnevin (Scotland), Parvati-Devi (Hindu), Mawu (African creatress) and Hertsui No Kami (goddess of the kitchen range in Japan). 

Trouble is, as I google Hertsui No Kami now it seems she is not on any wiki lists, so this is definitely not an authoritative source but more of a curiosity sparker.

For November, one of the rituals suggested is a festival of the kitchen. It says, honour your household cook by taking him/her out for dinner. Well, I have given myself a treat of a full-bodied glass of porter aged in a bourbon casket, served alongside slices of a nice strong blue cheese from B.C. Dark, bittersweet ale and a pungent pale cheese laced with inky blue magick. Light and dark, sweet and bitter. Quite celestial.

No comments: