Thursday, October 8, 2020

Home again home again


My home office is in a state of transition, and so am I.

My secondment was to end January 20 but I was 'called home' again, as of October 19.  While on the one hand, it's good to feel wanted, the return feels very abrupt. 

I did appreciate the eight months, even though they didn't turn out quite as imagined. Covid compressed the timeline to centralize procurement for critical supplies and equipment. It was good to be "on the ground" to witness and be able to help make a difference even in a small way. In the process I learned more about the Ministry of Community and Children's Services and the important programs they support across the province. The departing manager thanked me for my contributions toward setting up a new branch and relayed positive feedback from my ministry point of contacts. 

So.

Home again home again. The focus will be on service planning and role of stakeholder relations will be applied across all divisions in Ontario Shared Services, so will still be in touch with the Supply Chain crew and able to apply newly gathered insights.


No comments: