Friday, June 5, 2020

June Moon



Here it is, three months later, and the orchid still looks as fresh as it did on March 7, when it was already three months old. A wonder! My phaleonopsis is hanging in there to inspire me to do the same.

82 days in lockdown, which for me started on March 13. 
I've been counting my blessings with gratitude most days.

Covid's measure is being weighed by loss of lives, of jobs, of dollars, of opportunities. Seismic shifts are underway while change accelerates. So much unrest south of the border. Enough to take your breath away.

The moon is full June 5, I will look to it in the sky for more inspiration.

When I ladle up springwater,
The moon enters my water jar

In Zen we look at the self and the world as one and the same, a united whole. Do flowers exist because we see them, or do we see flowers because they exist? Even though we try, we cannot divide the subjective from the objective.

When the subject and the object become one and the same, this is the experience of realization. When we move in oneness with the heavens and the earth, this is the experience of Zen.

We see the flowers and the mountains, we hear the bell ringing, and we know it all as ourself. The river is ourself, and so is the other. We see that from the origin we are all one and the same. This experience is Zen.

The moon in the deep spring is so beautiful that we are pulled right into it, and that moon itself is in a vessel that becomes the moon’s very purity and clarity. The moon is me, and I am the moon. We enjoy this world completely.



No comments: