Saturday, March 7, 2020

Inside and Out

A long commute home after a long day at work. Cold and snowy. So the last thing I expected was to see the stand of snowdrops coming up in the front garden. Heart lifting. Winter really will come to an end! (March 2)



Rob picked up some tulips on March 1 and we've been enjoying them all week long. This is what they looked like March 7, Saturday morning, relaxing in the sunlight.


Otherwise the house plants have been cozy inside. The anthurium was gifted to me by co-workers when my mom died in September 2018. It's been moving from window to window and is now flourishing in its current spot by the upstairs skylight.

Anthurium
This orchid is in the second or third blooming, having started its latest performance mid-January. Definite staying powers.
Phalaenopsis Orchid
Benjamina has been keeping me company during morning yoga since January. I was so desperate for green this winter I went in search of an indoor tree and found something at East End Garden Centre. 


No comments: